Wednesday, December 22, 2010

It's so close to Christmas

and all I can think about is helping others. It's a wonderful change! Not that I was some kind of scrooge before, but at this point all I could think about is what presents I would be getting, how many would be under the tree, how excited I was for all of the materialistic goods that awaited me. This year, I'm thinking of the orphans overseas. How their Christmas will be lacking.. how I know gifts don't mean much, but I so wish I could send them all teddy bears so that they have SOMETHING to comfort them while they sleep. I hope that this is the last Christmas that they will spend alone. If I could have anything for Christmas, it would be a family for each and every one of them. Christmas is 3 days away.. can you believe it? Another year has passed us by so quickly. This time last year, my mom, stepdad and e-v had just moved out to California and it was awful for me to say goodbye. I'll attach some pictures at the end to bring us up to that sad moment. But for now let's go back to Christmas. 3 days left. 10 days until the new year. That is when to love the unloved is launching. We need as many people to be aware of this as possible.. we want everyone to be there for the first month! It's the grand opening, the tah-dah! moment. My hope was to have 1,000 fans by then, 1,000 people educated on what we're doing, what we're trying to change, who we're trying to help and how.. however, as it stands, we are at 388. The goal is 500 for Christmas, but as I said, that's only 3 short days away.

It saddens me that so many people have shared that guys cards, that they have now received 12,000 views, some of them. 12,000! That's a number of fans I couldn't even dream of having. I, of course, was guilty in that too, but I was hoping that something would have been resolved. It appears that unfortunately, things may not turn out the way we hoped. When asked to share to love the unloved and have your friends like it, many of you did, and for that I am greatful. I just am wishing at this point, that more people chose to look at the good than the bad. I wonder how many of my friends went to look at the cards because of how awful they were, but still haven't liked the organization's page? I wish that everyone that took a look at those cards, would come see something that would fill their hearts, their souls, their minds, with happiness at what we're doing. After seeing something so saddening and distasteful, I wish they could have been directed to something that could have helped them change lives.

At this point, I'm feeling a little down, and the only thing that makes me happy at a point like this is my little sister <3 I am so, so thankful for her.

e-v standing up on her own like a big girl!!

Sitting in nana's favorite chair

Blowing kisses to sissy!

Falling asleep in sissys arms :)

Dropping my mom and e-v off at the airport and saying our goodbyes :( the last picture I took of e-v before they had to go
More soon,
Savana

No comments:

Post a Comment